PEAR 1.9.5 testing
Christian Weiske
2014-06-26 20:26:30 UTC
Hi all,

I've packaged up version 1.9.5 of PEAR. The files are available at
http://pear.php.net/~cweiske/1.9.5/PEAR-1.9.5.tgz
http://pear.php.net/~cweiske/1.9.5/go-pear.phar
http://pear.php.net/~cweiske/1.9.5/install-pear-nozlib.phar
Please test them and report the results here on the list.
Upgrade your existing systems to 1.9.5 and try the phars on fresh
systems. Try different php versions.
--
Regards/Mit freundlichen GrÌßen
Christian Weiske

-=≡ Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 ≡=-
Christian Weiske
2014-06-27 15:33:12 UTC
Hi all,
Post by Christian Weiske
I've packaged up version 1.9.5 of PEAR. The files are available at
http://pear.php.net/~cweiske/1.9.5/
I fixed another bug[1] and updated the .phar files.

[1] https://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=20321
go-pear.phar as root does not has a broken installation base

Ferenc Kovacs
2014-06-27 15:45:46 UTC
Post by Christian Weiske
Hi all,
Post by Christian Weiske
I've packaged up version 1.9.5 of PEAR. The files are available at
http://pear.php.net/~cweiske/1.9.5/
I fixed another bug[1] and updated the .phar files.
[1] https://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=20321
go-pear.phar as root does not has a broken installation base
--
Regards/Mit freundlichen GrÌßen
Christian Weiske
-=≡ Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 ≡=-
do we plan having public RCs?
--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu
Christian Weiske
2014-06-27 15:55:23 UTC
Hello Ferenc,
Post by Ferenc Kovacs
do we plan having public RCs?
I originally thought about it, but there is bug #17535 [1] that
automatically upgrades all dependencies when upgrading a package.

When upgrading any package that is beta or alpha, you'll automatically
get the PEAR RC version. I don't really want that.

[1] http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=17535

Ferenc Kovacs
2014-06-27 16:08:45 UTC
Post by Christian Weiske
Hello Ferenc,
Post by Ferenc Kovacs
do we plan having public RCs?
I originally thought about it, but there is bug #17535 [1] that
automatically upgrades all dependencies when upgrading a package.
When upgrading any package that is beta or alpha, you'll automatically
get the PEAR RC version. I don't really want that.
thats unfortunate, but we could go even lower in the preferred_state(devel,
snapshot), and I also think having the people who install alpha/beta
packages to test our RC would be less dangerous than not letting anybody
and shipping a stable with some major flaw.
I'm not saying that the current state is bad, but we have a considerate
amount of change, and our last release was some time ago, so I would like
to get as much testing as we can before the release.
--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu
Christian Weiske
2014-06-27 16:22:26 UTC
Hello Ferenc,
Post by Ferenc Kovacs
Post by Christian Weiske
When upgrading any package that is beta or alpha, you'll
automatically get the PEAR RC version. I don't really want that.
thats unfortunate, but we could go even lower in the
preferred_state(devel, snapshot)
That's a good idea.
I've just released PEAR version 1.9.5dev1.
Post by Ferenc Kovacs
and I also think having the people who install alpha/beta packages
to test our RC would be less dangerous than not letting anybody and
shipping a stable with some major flaw.
Quite some pear packages are alpha/beta without a stable release, so
people sometimes have to use those stabilities.

Christian Weiske
2014-06-27 16:33:02 UTC
Blog post: http://blog.pear.php.net/2014/06/27/pear-1-9-5dev1/

Remi Collet
2014-07-08 08:01:57 UTC
Post by Christian Weiske
I've just released PEAR version 1.9.5dev1.
Tested (by updating the Fedora RPM package of php-pear)

All seems ok.
(but I will continue to use it and so run some other tests)

Minor proposal: raise Archive_Tar dependency to avoid the broken
version which generate corrupted archives.

Remi.
Ferenc Kovacs
2014-07-08 09:13:04 UTC
Post by Remi Collet
Minor proposal: raise Archive_Tar dependency to avoid the broken
version which generate corrupted archives.
+1
--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu
Alexey Borzov
2014-06-27 21:19:46 UTC
Hi Christian,
Post by Christian Weiske
I've packaged up version 1.9.5 of PEAR. The files are available at
http://pear.php.net/~cweiske/1.9.5/PEAR-1.9.5.tgz
http://pear.php.net/~cweiske/1.9.5/go-pear.phar
http://pear.php.net/~cweiske/1.9.5/install-pear-nozlib.phar
Please test them and report the results here on the list.
Upgrade your existing systems to 1.9.5 and try the phars on fresh
systems. Try different php versions.
Tried installing from go-pear.phar on Windows, immediately hit
http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=18466

I'll try fixing that one.

Could not reproduce
http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=19741
though.
Alexey Borzov
2014-06-29 09:51:17 UTC
Post by Alexey Borzov
Post by Christian Weiske
I've packaged up version 1.9.5 of PEAR. The files are available at
http://pear.php.net/~cweiske/1.9.5/PEAR-1.9.5.tgz
http://pear.php.net/~cweiske/1.9.5/go-pear.phar
http://pear.php.net/~cweiske/1.9.5/install-pear-nozlib.phar
Please test them and report the results here on the list.
Upgrade your existing systems to 1.9.5 and try the phars on fresh
systems. Try different php versions.
Tried installing from go-pear.phar on Windows, immediately hit
http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=18466
I'll try fixing that one.
Bug #18466 fixed.

However there are a lot of problems with handling .ini files on Windows,
PEAR_Start and PEAR_Start_CLI classes are in severe need of refactoring, etc.
We'll need to address these for 1.10, but 1.9.5 works "good enough", IMO.
Christian Weiske
2014-06-29 18:43:16 UTC
Hello Alexey,
Post by Alexey Borzov
Post by Alexey Borzov
Tried installing from go-pear.phar on Windows, immediately hit
http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=18466
I'll try fixing that one.
Bug #18466 fixed.
I've re-generated the two phar files and uploaded them to
http://pear.php.net/~cweiske/1.9.5/

My plan is to wait at least until Jul 8th for feedback. Remi (of the
fedora php packages) is on vacation until Jul 7th and I'd love to get
feedback from him.
Post by Alexey Borzov
However there are a lot of problems with handling .ini files on
Windows, PEAR_Start and PEAR_Start_CLI classes are in severe need of
refactoring, etc. We'll need to address these for 1.10, but 1.9.5
works "good enough", IMO.
Ok.

Thomas Spuhler
2014-07-11 22:48:33 UTC
Post by Alexey Borzov
Hi,
Post by Alexey Borzov
Post by Christian Weiske
I've packaged up version 1.9.5 of PEAR. The files are available at
http://pear.php.net/~cweiske/1.9.5/PEAR-1.9.5.tgz
http://pear.php.net/~cweiske/1.9.5/go-pear.phar
http://pear.php.net/~cweiske/1.9.5/install-pear-nozlib.phar
Please test them and report the results here on the list.
Upgrade your existing systems to 1.9.5 and try the phars on fresh
systems. Try different php versions.
Tried installing from go-pear.phar on Windows, immediately hit
http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=18466
I'll try fixing that one.
Bug #18466 fixed.
However there are a lot of problems with handling .ini files on Windows,
PEAR_Start and PEAR_Start_CLI classes are in severe need of refactoring, etc.
We'll need to address these for 1.10, but 1.9.5 works "good enough", IMO.
http://pear.php.net/package/PEAR/download/1.9.5dev1
list the dependencies, but one of them has been superseeded

Dependencies:

PEAR Package: Console_Getopt 1.2 or newer

This package has been superseded, but is still maintained for bugs and security fixes.
--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler

All of my e-mails have a valid digital signature
ID 60114E63
Christian Weiske
2014-07-12 06:03:27 UTC
Hello Thomas,
Post by Thomas Spuhler
http://pear.php.net/package/PEAR/download/1.9.5dev1
list the dependencies, but one of them has been superseeded
PEAR Package: Console_Getopt 1.2 or newer
This package has been superseded, but is still maintained for bugs and security fixes.
Console_GetOpt is PHP4-compatible, which PEAR still has to be according
to the backwards compatibility rules. Yes, 1.9.5 will still be
php4-compatible.

Christian Weiske
2014-07-13 09:12:46 UTC
Hi all,

PEAR 1.9.5 is finally out:
http://blog.pear.php.net/2014/07/12/pear-1-9-5/

The question now is who takes care of 1.10.0 - I won't do that for the
next couple of months.